Lots of people are bothered by pigmentation spots on skin. They appear due to overexposure to the sun, lack of proper anti-acne treatment, not using sunblock. If you’ve got dark spots on the skin as well, check how to get rid of them and what ingredients to try for super-smooth, gorgeous skin.
Types of pigmentation spots
There are two main types:
- epidermal – pigment cells are in the epidermal layer so it’s much easier to handle them;
- dermal – the pigment is in the cells of dermis and this case is pretty hard to cure.
Effective anti-hyperpigmentation ingredients
- azelaic acid, kojic acid, phytic acid
- plants: glycyrrhiza, curcuma, white mulberry, bearberry, Baikal skullcap
- other: vitamin C, niacinamide, retinol
How to prevent the occurence of pigmentation spots?
The anti-hyperpigmentation routine is the most important. In order to head off pigment spots, follow these rules:
- Avoid long exposure to the sunlight.
- Use sunblock.
- Try not to use photosensitizing herbs and medications.
- Don’t use hormonal contraception.
- Remember that if you’re pregnant, there’s a higher risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Always use sunscreen when using facial acids.
How to remove pigmentation spots?
Reducing the effect of factors that cause hyperpigmentation is the biggest task. Therefore, do your best to keep away from the sun and use sunblocks. However, if you’re already bothered by pigmentation spots, laser therapy or chemical peel makes the best option.