Are you seeking the best natural hair treatments? Have you heard of hair oiling? This isn’t like applying a conditioner. This treatment is done in the best hair salons in India. Still, it’s so easy that you can do it at home effortlessly. See what to use and how to do oil treatment.
What is hair oil treatment?
If you ever use hair masks or conditioners, you won’t have problems with this treatment. The procedure is similar but you use a semi-fluid, natural oil instead. The oil is free from chemicals so you can also (or actually should) apply it on the scalp for deep cleansing and conditioning. This enables you to strengthen hair follicles, and nourish and cleanse the roots of hair.
Hair oil treatment secures hair against damage, pollution and strong sunlight (that is why oils are the most popular in warm countries). Try to picture the fabulous hair of Asian or Mexican women. Don’t you dream of a similar look? Not a problem! Get a good hair oil!
What is the best oil for hair oil treatment?
How to choose the best hair oil? Once you start searching, you may feel overwhelmed by the great numbers of them, plus there are also butters you can use. You may go crazy reading about the properties of argan oil, macadamia oil, olive oil, linseed oil… What to pick to treat hair with the best oil?
If you are a hair-oil beginner, do a hair-porosity test. Porosity tells you about the type of your hair (it’s one of the three types). Once you know it, you can easily suit the right oil for its condition. Use my cheatsheet and pick one of the oils.
- Thick, heavy, greasy hair goes with coconut, palm, babassu, hemp, linseed or castor oil, shea, cocoa, mango or cupuacu butter.
- Normal, fine, frizzy hair goes with castor, sunflower, macadamia, argan, linseed, jojoba or pumpkin oil.
- Stiff, dry, damaged hair goes with hazelnut, grapeseed, apricot, almond, avocado, sunflower, evening primrose, pumpkin, corn, jojoba, castor and argan oil.
What will hair oil treatment give you?
Strong, gorgeous, healthy hair – sounds well, doesn’t it? Still, this treatment has much more to offer because the oil enhances the follicles so hair stops falling out and splitting, and it actually grows faster. The strands are also sun and wind-proof.
How to: hair oil treatment step by step
- Wash your hair. Damp hair absorbs nutrients easily so it gets maximum nourishment.
- Gently towel-dry the hair and comb it out, avoid pulling.
- Divide the hair into sections and apply chosen oil strand by strand. Don’t skip the scalp.
- Gently massage the scalp (up to five minutes will do).
- Put on a shower cap, leave the oil in for around 30 minutes or an hour, wash it out and shampoo the hair.
Do the oil treatment once a week.
How to wash the oil out?
Naturally, oils are greasy so rinsing them well is the secret to great oil-treatment results. A lightweight plant-based shampoo isn’t enough. A micellar shampoo is a perfect pick because it gives a deep cleansing effect and nourishes the scalp at the same time.
Emulsifying is another good method. Sounds weird but it’s very simple: before rinsing the oil, apply a mask or conditioner. One minute to keep it in is enough to wash the oil out easily. Hair looks fresh and definitely not greasy! Just remember to shampoo the hair after rinsing the oil and conditioner.
Leave a Reply