Some of us aren’t into physical activity due to disliking exercising with other people in the fitness room or running and stretching in a park located somewhere in the middle of a town. If you also belong to this group, then probably you might get along with home exercising. Find out how to prepare gym in your room.
Why is working out beneficial?
Undoubtedly, exercising at home has its advantages and disadvantages. Learn all of them and find out which type of physical activity suits you best.
Home gym: good sides
- you can work out anytime you feel like doing so;
- you don’t waste time on moving from home to the gym and back;
- you don’t spend money on topping up gym membership card, which you might not use at all;
- while exercising you can watch your favorite TV show or listen to the music;
- you don’t have to wait for a machine occupied by your gym-mate;
Home gym: bad sides
- the home exercise machines are usually worse than at a professional gym;
- we don’t have the access to a professional trainer who can help us choose the best exercises;
- you can harm yourself if you keep doing the exercises inappropriately;
- it’s hard to keep yourself motivated to exercise on your own;
- there is limited space at home so you might not fit all the equipment you want, or have enough money to buy it.
What’s worth having at a home gym?
For your home gym you will need both exercise machines as well as gym clothes, stretching equipment and post-training cosmetics. Depending on the type of physical activity to you prefer and what effects you want to achieve, you will collect the very equipment.
At the beginning, it’s worth investing some money in a roll mat, a few pound dumbbells, resistance bands, a skipping rope and a stability ball. Make sure that the outfit, especially shoes and underwear, is comfortable. It’s also a good idea to get yourself a special massage roller that can be found useful for stretching and relaxing muscles. Once you finish exercising, you should take a relaxing bath and add either ice cubes or Epsom salt into the water. Once you catch the bug, you can invest the money into more advanced equipment: a treadmill, a stepper and an elliptical trainer.